User not logged in - login - register
Home Calendar Books School Tool Photo Gallery Message Boards Users Statistics Advertise Site Info
go to bottom | |
 Message Boards » » Political Compass Page 1 2 3 [4], Prev  
qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

FUCK

11/11/2025 9:14:48 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post

Do the people with a lot of money have too much power?

I don't get the point of your original comment with moron

11/11/2025 9:19:10 PM

moron
All American
36365 Posts
user info
edit post

Billionaires are just an aberration in the system. It’s not personal. It just was never meant to have them

It’s like if you’re eating blueberry pancakes and all the blueberries ended up in 1 pancake because your batter was too thin and they sank to the bottom.

The blueberries aren’t evil, the pancake batter wasn’t evil, but the system was poorly prepared.

11/11/2025 9:24:25 PM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

I agree that money buys political influence and power too easily

I also agree to some extent that "the rich" have too much money. In the sense that society would be better off if the distribution of income and wealth in this country (oh and don't get me started on globally cuz then every single one of you eat the rich complainypants would be eligible for the mob's wrath) were shifted a bit

But the poll didn't ask if people thought rich people have too much money. The results would probably be similar (although I would guess a bit less Yes responses)


It's like asking people
Do hot chicks get away with speeding too much
vs
Are hot chicks too hot

[Edited on November 11, 2025 at 9:38 PM. Reason : I can make a bojangles bacon egg and cheese analogy if that'd help??]

11/11/2025 9:25:24 PM

moron
All American
36365 Posts
user info
edit post

^ if we could restore norms against billionaires in politics that would work too. But that would just lead to us taking their money eventually (until the billionaires buy new norms to protect themselves). Which is why you can’t depend on norms to fix structural issues

11/11/2025 9:45:18 PM

theDuke866
All American
53128 Posts
user info
edit post

^^^WTFever. George Washington was one of the richest men of his time. He would be deeeeeep into billionaire territory by today’s standards from a perspective of his wealth relative to others or as a share of GDP.

[Edited on November 12, 2025 at 12:00 AM. Reason : And early on, the system was MORE beholden to those with wealth]

11/11/2025 11:59:16 PM

theDuke866
All American
53128 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"It's like asking people
Do hot chicks get away with speeding too much
vs
Are hot chicks too hot"


Yes exactly. The whole success-loathing jealousy so prevalent on the left is the biggest reason I can’t stand them. I hate Trumpism maybe even more than you commie liberals do, but I can never be genuinely on the other side as long as that streak is widespread.

[Edited on November 12, 2025 at 12:04 AM. Reason : Hot chicks cannot be too hot.]

11/12/2025 12:04:25 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post

How does thinking some people have too much money equal "success-loathing"?

11/12/2025 12:19:51 AM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"The far right blames all of society’s problems on immigrants.

The far left blames all of them on billionaires.

Both push a zero-sum, silver-bullet story that reduces an incredibly complex society to a caricature.

It’s the worldview of a child.

It's emotionally satisfying, simple-minded, and completely incapable of solving real problems."


11/21/2025 1:56:30 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

which of those two groups has more power than the other?

11/21/2025 5:55:25 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post

In the U.S., the top 0.1% hold around $23 trillion in wealth. In comparison, the bottom 50% hold only about $4.2 trillion total.

11/21/2025 6:07:39 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40491 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"We spent a year investigating billionaires for @washingtonpost.com.

We found: the wealthiest 100 Americans gave $1.1 billion to influence the 2024 elections — 140x more than they did in 2000. And almost all of that giving boosted Republicans.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2025/top-20-billionaires-american-elections/"


[Edited on November 21, 2025 at 10:30 PM. Reason : E]

11/21/2025 10:30:10 PM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

https://12axes.vercel.app/

10/2/2026 3:00:00 PM

CaelNCSU
All American
8286 Posts
user info
edit post



My clanker took it based on my profile it constructed here.

10/2/2026 3:35:29 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40491 Posts
user info
edit post

10/2/2026 4:12:40 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post



How did it know how to calculate without me answering a question?

10/2/2026 4:38:28 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post

Me and qfred are like identical?

10/2/2026 4:49:37 PM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

The link I posted was to my results, I just shortened the URL for visual simplicity.

[Edited on October 2, 2026 at 5:01 PM. Reason : I chose it depends for probably over half the questions. Wish it took text field input and included LLM analysis as part of the calculation]

10/2/2026 4:59:11 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

10/2/2026 5:16:31 PM

rwoody
Save TWW
40491 Posts
user info
edit post

Sttexan, with all love, i must say: lol

[Edited on October 2, 2026 at 5:43 PM. Reason : E]

10/2/2026 5:43:14 PM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

10/2/2026 5:59:49 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post

I wasn't in a conducive environment! lol

Are we doing 5 min or 30 min test?

[Edited on October 2, 2026 at 6:12 PM. Reason : ^and thats an awesome post lol]

[Edited on October 2, 2026 at 6:20 PM. Reason : These are hard...i'm only done with 18]

10/2/2026 6:11:53 PM

moron
All American
36365 Posts
user info
edit post

I discovered my ideological profile on the 12 Axes Political Quiz!

?? Most compatible ideology:
Keynesian Liberalism - 93% compatibility

?? Most compatible country/nation:
Illinois (United States) - 92% compatibility

?? Most compatible personality:
Jonas Gahr Støre - 95% compatibility

?? Take the test and share your result:
https://12axes.vercel.app/en

[Edited on October 2, 2026 at 7:18 PM. Reason : G]

10/2/2026 7:17:33 PM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post



I guess this is ok. Norway seems cool

10/2/2026 7:38:51 PM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31653 Posts
user info
edit post

Norway is very cool!

10/2/2026 10:10:06 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

I’d throw my phone out of the window if Elon popped up on mine

10/2/2026 11:53:18 PM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

surprise

[Edited on October 3, 2026 at 12:39 AM. Reason : the socialist urge to destroy property rather than produce it.]

[Edited on October 3, 2026 at 12:40 AM. Reason : oh, he wanted to send them all to palestine too]

10/3/2026 12:37:20 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post

Lol

10/3/2026 12:38:37 AM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

legit have never heard of the guy

do you think I’m antisemitic?

10/3/2026 10:51:35 AM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

I think you're ignorant.

10/3/2026 11:04:21 AM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

go on…

10/3/2026 11:11:05 AM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

Quote :
"legit have never heard of the guy"

10/3/2026 11:11:41 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post

Same here honestly

10/3/2026 11:13:46 AM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

we're only human

[Edited on October 3, 2026 at 11:17 AM. Reason : Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. -famed Elon Musk-style Capitalist and Founding Father Benjamin Franklin]

10/3/2026 11:14:28 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post

I was surprised i was more irreligious than tgl3

[Edited on October 3, 2026 at 11:17 AM. Reason : I bet i woulda got 93% had i put strongly agree or disagree more]

10/3/2026 11:16:14 AM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

I’m sure you’ve watched hours and hours of youtube videos about the guy

10/3/2026 11:18:19 AM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

10/3/2026 11:27:46 AM

StTexan
Not AI!
17758 Posts
user info
edit post

That one says still processing...there were 2 last week that didn't play cause said i had to sign in

[Edited on October 3, 2026 at 11:30 AM. Reason : Oh nvm ^ works now]

10/3/2026 11:30:28 AM

The Coz
Tempus Fugitive
31653 Posts
user info
edit post

Somebody needs a Fourier transform!

10/3/2026 12:03:47 PM

theDuke866
All American
53128 Posts
user info
edit post

I took it 3x. I got:

Accelerationist, with my archetype as Barry Goldwater
Atlantiscist, with my archetype as Anders Fogh Rasmussen (PM of Denmark)
Liberal Centrism, with my archetype as Jerome Powell

the last one seemed to have a lot of questions where I answered "it depends/neutral" and I think was less of a good characterization, although still not far off.

(it's prob 80% different questions every time)



[Edited on October 3, 2026 at 1:03 PM. Reason : ]

10/3/2026 12:58:19 PM

qntmfred
retired
42708 Posts
user info
edit post

interesting. perhaps it's not as well designed an instrument as I was led to believe.

[Edited on October 3, 2026 at 1:15 PM. Reason : i don't really consider Capitalist to be the core of my politics anyhow. i've turned out too poor for that to really be my true nature. i do value the freedom to conduct business without unnecessary interference but that's mostly so that we can more quickly deliver technologies that expand the opportunity for human flourishing]

[Edited on October 3, 2026 at 1:15 PM. Reason : hi theduke always good to see you around these parts]

10/3/2026 1:14:22 PM

thegoodlife3
All American
41178 Posts
user info
edit post

https://bsky.app/profile/tamaranopper.bsky.social/post/3mwyj3nusf22m

Quote :
" Ta-Nehisi Coates said, ”I‘ve been very, very careful to tell people what I am qualified to talk about and what I’m not qualified to talk about.”

”No one person should be the oracle or be the articulator…be skeptical of people who attempt to appoint themselves as that. I don‘t want that job at all.”"

10/3/2026 7:57:04 PM

 Message Boards » The Soap Box » Political Compass Page 1 2 3 [4], Prev  
go to top | |
Admin Options : move topic | lock topic

© 2026 by The Wolf Web - All Rights Reserved.
The material located at this site is not endorsed, sponsored or provided by or on behalf of North Carolina State University.
Powered by CrazyWeb v2.39 - our disclaimer.